Monday, April 13, 2009

ATT vs. Debeers

I just saw an AT&T commercial on TV. While it was on, I was trying to test myself to which agency made it because I felt like I had seen it before. In my head, I had decided that it was one the JWT Debeers ads when the men surprise their wives or girlfriends with jewelry. When I saw the ATT logo at the end, I got very confused. I figured out that the commercials use the exact same song, so that is probably what confused me. I guess it just sucks for GSD&M who made the AT&T commercial. AT&T strikes many different appeals with their commericals, unfortunately for this one, the sentimental appeal had already been achieved by Debeers. Most people, like me, had probably already associated the song with Debeers. Here are the two ads I confused. 

GSD&M (Austin) - AT&T 

JWT (New York) - Debeers

No comments:

Post a Comment