Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Interpublic Agencies

McCann Erickson (Mumbai) - Happydent 


I love this commercial. I didn't get what was happening for so long because they don't show all the teeth until the very end. It definitely rewards the viewer, and is a great visual solution that can be understood anywhere in the world. 

The Martin Agency (Richmond) - Wrangler 












I thought this ad was interesting because it is just so simple, yet many people would never think to do something like this. It kind of made me chuckle, and it is definitely memorable. 

TM Advertising (Dallas) - Nationwide  













TM does a lot of cool guerilla ads for nationwide. This one is one of my favorites. All the ads simply take over the space that they are in, and they definitely grab everyone's attention. The messages are simple, and I think that it works perfectly to make insurance a little more interesting. 

DraftFCB (New York) - Oreo 


I got excited when I found this ad on the DraftFCB website since I remembered it from when it was airing. It always made me feel simply happy, and I think that it is great for bringing Oreos into something that may be part of people's actual everyday lives. If anyone is ever video chatting, they will think of Oreos. 

Lowe (New York) - GMC 

Obviously, I have established that I like pretty and interesting car commercials. This one is not typical with all of the destruction in the beginning, but it is a good way to make the point that GMC is trying to make. 

Carmichael Lynch (Minneapolis) - Rapala 


This one is just silly. It reminds me of the Jack Links work that Charmichael Lynch does. It is very similar in the sense of humor. 

Hill Holiday (Boston) - Liberty Mutual 


I also remember this one from seeing it on TV. I think that it is a great feel good commercial. It is great at actively showing the audience what Liberty Mutual is all about. 

Deutsch (Los Angeles) - Direct TV 


This one is pretty much just creepy. Even though I had not seen the movie, I understood that that was what it must be referencing. As I was researching, I found that many people were saying that they wanted to watch the movie just because of the commercial. Seems a little backwards, but obviously that shows that it is successful. 

Mullen (Boston) - Orbitz


This one just makes me laugh. It is a little different than the typical vacationing commercial, and it think that everyone can relate to it. 

Campbell Mithun (Minneapolis) - Hefty


This struck me because it really reminded me of the Swiffer commercials, where brooms are personified. It is odd that multiple people think to make things come to life in house cleaning commercials, but I guess it works. 

Dailey & Associates (Los Angeles) - Quickbooks 


This one is good because it is and unexpected way to think about accounting software. It is memorable, and it definitely doesn't let you forget what the commercial is advertising. 

No comments:

Post a Comment