Thursday, February 5, 2009

Super Bowl Commercials

THE BEST: 

Coca-Cola by Weiden + Kennedy (Portland)


I just love the feel good nature of Coke ads. This is very similar to many of their past ads, but I never get sick of it. They have done a great commercial on a big scale that is perfect for the superbowl. 

Monster.com by BBDO (New York)

I just think this one was hilarious. It stuck out enough from a lot of the other commercials during the game, but at the same time it still had a similar humorous effect that many of the other ads had. It was perfect for the game. 

Doritos by Goodby, Silverstein & Partners 


I just love that Doritos knows how to get the viewers involved in making the commercials. I think that adding the consumers into the entire process has really helped them to stand out, and it is clearly a strategy that many other brands are attempting to do. 

THE WORST: 

Sobe by Arnell Group (New York)


I hated this one. Especially because it is pretty much the exact same commercial that they already had before. The superbowl is a time to be innovative, and this didn't quite make the cut for such a big moment. 

Bud Light by DDB (Chicago)


I actually do not know why I am so against this commercial. Everyone is talking about it, and it is perfectly fine. For some reason, when I was watching it though I got the feeling that it was something that had been done before. I was not impressed at the time, and I still do not love this one. 

Pepsi by TBWA/Chiat/Day (New York)



This commercial was not even funny, and kind of annoyed me. I know that Pepsi will spend its entire existence trying to outdo Coke, but often they try too hard and produce some really weird ads. They didn't quite make the cut this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment